What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a disease caused by the “Novel coronavirus”. It is an infectious disease causing respiratory illness (like the flu) with symptoms such as a cough, fever, and in more severe cases, difficulty breathing.
Coronavirus – SARS COV2
Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes.
Disease: Coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
Virus: Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) from the family Coronaviridae.
It is the seventh known coronavirus to infect people
Studies to date suggest that the virus that causes COVID-19 is mainly transmitted through contact with respiratory droplets rather than through the air. To date, there is no vaccine and no specific antiviral medicine to prevent or treat COVID-19.
Transmission occurs primarily via respiratory droplets from coughs and sneezes within a range of about 2 metres (6.6 feet). Indirect contact via contaminated surfaces is another cause of infection.
What can you do?
- Sanitize your hands with alcohol hand rub
- Disinfect the surfaces you frequently touch
- Disinfect floor and surroundings
- Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol based hand rub
- Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
- Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
- Daily sanitizing surfaces and objects that are touched often
- Fumigation of closed indoor spaces preventing the risk of infection spread
Hand sanitation is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of infections. It is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Washing hands with soap and water is the best way as soap inactivates the virus by destabilizing its lipid bilayer. However, soap and water are not readily available, and usage of alcohol based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol provides equivalent and hassle-free sanitation.
Most hand sanitizers in the market may contain the recommended 60% alcohol content but prolonged usage leads to dry skin, irritation, and agitated infection, and without the use of additional disinfectants, loses potency as the alcohol evaporates
ALSTASAN HAND RUB
Alcohol based hand rub with broad spectrum and sustained antimicrobial activity. Based on 70% Alcohol and Chlorhexidine Gluconate, it effectively eliminates more than 99.9% of harmful pathogens, including the coronavirus family.
- Easy to use rub in hand disinfectant with instant and sustained antimicrobial action
- Aided with CHG (Chlorhexidine Gluconate) making it extremely potent by enhancing the kill rate. CHG is often used in mouth wash, wound cleaning and surgical hand washing. It also enhances the spreading of hand rub.
- Addition of emollients and moisturizers does not cause skin cracking and leaves skin smooth and soft, as compared to other alcohol based hand rubs.
Fomites (Inanimate objects that form a secondary route of exposure for person-to-person transmissions) consist of both porous and nonporous surfaces or objects that can become contaminated with pathogenic microorganisms and serve as vehicles in transmission. Daily sanitizing surfaces and objects that are touched often, such as desks, countertops, door knobs, computer keyboards, hands-on learning items, faucet handles, phones, and toys.
Cleaning is not disinfecting. Cleaning does not kill germs, but only removes them. Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. Preliminary research indicates that the virus may remain viable on non-porous surfaces such as plastic and steel for up to three days.
Regular cleaning of plastic surfaces such as laptops, laminated desk tops, glass, etc., may be look appealing but fails to eliminate pathogens such as the coronavirus. Regular disinfectants are a blend of quaternary compounds, and the evaporative nature ones are acetone based, which do not protect viruses.
Alcohol based is a rapid ready-to-use disinfectant for hard surfaces requiring immediate disinfection. Broad spectrum bactericidal, fungicidal and virucidal nature. ALSTACOL 25+ is competent to be used at in-house, commercial and industrial application surfaces. Complete disinfection can be ensured with spraying or wiping procedures.
Application Areas: For most contacted surfaces such as knobs, buttons, electronics, railing, glass etc.
- Special blend of 70% alcohol and 0.3% QAC for enhanced efficacy against pathogens. Alcohol disintegrates the protective lipid layer, and the QAC attacks the protein structures
- Aldehyde free, safe for human contact surfaces
- Dual action nature, instant cleaning and disinfection; Spray, wait, wipe
- Added spreaders and wetting agents to increase spread on surfaces with cost effective dosage
- Non-tainting nature, safe for use on most MoC (Materials of Construction)
In offices, schools, common areas, malls, public transports, pavements, toilets, places receiving huge numbers of people, etc., are prone to contagions. People confined to the quality of air and surroundings present there, susceptible to infection spread. These areas are needed to be well fumigated and sprayed with disinfectants. These chemicals infiltrate in the closed spaces, trapping all the contaminants and eliminates them, making these areas safe, to a maximum extent. Some institutes also require daily disinfecting these items. Spraying of disinfectant chemicals on large areas such as footpath, platforms, containers, etc., is useful in public sanitation, and reaches a wider spread.
Chlorine is useful in safe deactivation of coronavirus but affects the lungs and mucous membranes of humans. Causes burning of eyes and skin, irritating pungent odour. It also is highly corrosive to metals. Chlorine finds most use in disinfecting remote outside areas where it does not require assisted ventilation or proximity to humans. Spraying of chlorine solution in public spaces does not disinfect the virus for corona. Know more.
Typical fumigants include mostly formaldehyde, chlorine, etc. Formaldehyde is slow acting, and has poor penetration into cornered spaces. Also toxic causing burning sensations, pulmonary oedema, and pneumonitis upon prolonged exposure. Glutaraldehyde has adverse health effects such as nausea, eye and skin irritation.
ALSTASAN II 256
Twin Chain QAC based highly concentrated virucide, finds most applications as a floor cleaner and disinfectant. EPA approved formulation against Coronavirus, with versatile applications for disinfection and cleaning through various industries and institutions. Meets blood borne pathogen standards for decontaminating blood and body fluids.
Application Areas: Spraying in Infected/ critical areas, high traffic public areas such as metro stations, movie theatres, malls, showrooms, offices, F&B preparation areas, pavements, floors, railway platforms, dip tray for shoes, air fumigating of closed indoor spaces.
- Highly effective virudical chemical with de-odourizer
- Non-tainting nature, safe for use on most MoC (Materials of Construction)
- Easy to dose and apply; dilute at recommended concentration and mopped
- Leaves a refreshing fragrance post usage
- Multiple applications of spraying, mopping, fumigation
Chemtex COVID-19 Bio-Security Package
Chemtex Speciality Limited has tailor-made Bio-Security Package adhering to WHO guidelines and our years of expertise.
With three options to choose from as desired, Chemtex COVID 19 Biosecurity Package comes can be ordered right from your homes.
- Personal Combo
- Society Combo
- Public Combo
The kit contains the formulations which are approved/ recommended by WHO (World Health Organization), CDC (Center of Disease Control), EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) USA to prevent the spread of virus.
Think Bio-Security. Think Chemtex.
- Acid Inhibitor Chemicals for Mineral Acid Corrosion
- Engine Coolant Antifreeze Liquid
- Sulfamic Acid Descalant – How it Works, Where to Get
- Citric Acid Manufacturing Companies in India
- Why You Should Use Morpholine for Your Boilers
- 6 Types of Construction Chemicals to ensure the right cement mix
- Wastewater Treatment Chemicals – A Complete List of All Types
- Use of speciality chemicals used in oil and gas industry, their economy & sustainability
- Where is Benzalkonium Chloride used?
- Manufacturer Of Sanitizer – How Does it Work?