Glutaraldehyde based Equipment Disinfectant
Glutaraldehyde based equipment disinfectant is used for equipment sterilization, surface disinfection. It is also used for industrial water treatment and as a biocide. It kills cells quickly by cross linking their proteins and is usually employed alone or mixed with formaldehyde.
Glutaraldehyde based biocides are widely used in cooling water treatment, petrochem, leather treatment, plastics and coatings, etc. Aqueous solutions of glutaraldehyde are used for the treatment of water in air washers, cooling towers and other water recirculating systems to prevent corrosion and the buildup of microbial growth.
- Broad spectrum disinfection efficacy including Mycobacterium tuberculosis and bacterial spores
- Rapid micro-biocidal efficacy
Key Features and Benefits
- Fast acting and non-staining
- Easy to prepare and simple to use
- Requires no dilution as the solution is ready to use directly from the jar after activation
- Foam free formulation enables fast and thorough rinsing of all the devices
- Excellent material compatibility, safe to use for rubber, plastic, metal or lensed instruments
- Prevents corrosion in systems, raising the pH
- Suitable for devices like flexible endoscopes
- Reduced cross contamination risk
- Longer shelf life
Glutaraldehyde is toxic in nature. Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapour respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Should be stored in original vented containers, away from heat, direct sunlight and combustibles. Store in a cool and dry place. Please refer label and SDS for details.