Soil deposits can harbour potentially harmful (pathogenic) microorganisms which if left to grow can present a serious risk to the health of the consumer. In order to control this risk the soil must first be removed using an effective cleaning method, normally including a detergent. It can be visible (scale, foreign bodies,) or invisible in the form of bacteria, such as E Coli, or Yeast spores.
The main soil types are:
- Fats (animal, vegetable, mineral)
- Proteins (numerous build-up from amino acids)
- Carbohydrates (sugars such as glucose and fructose, and polysaccharides such as cellulose, starches and pectin)
- Mineral Salts (normally calcium salts)
CIP disinfectant cold solutions eliminates the need for high temperatures, eliminating the rinse between the detergent and the disinfectant steps reducing cleaning to a simpler process, resulting in a considerable reduction in the loss of valuable production time. This time saving cleaning process also saves energy and water, resulting in greater profits and a greener CIP process. Thus the CIP disinfectant results in improving beverage plants by achieving sustainability goals, protect product & human life and improve profitability by providing, amongst others
Generally used disinfectant is Sodium Hypochlorite which offers the advantage of a very low cost but its ability for soil removal is poor. The active ingredient of Hypo is Chlorine (Bleach). This can corrode Stainless Steel in high concentrations and will attack seals and personnel. It will also taint if not rinsed out; and is dangerous if mixed with acid, forming Chlorine gas, which is poisonous.
Peracetic Acid (PAA) is an equilibrium mixture of acetic acid and hydrogen peroxide and is a powerful oxidising agent with an oxidation capacity higher than sodium hypochlorite and chlorine dioxide, and is comparable to the oxidative capacity of ozone. PAA at 75 mg/L is reported to successfully kill 100% of a 10(7) cell/ml yeast or bacterial population in 30 seconds.
Key Features and Benefits
- Effective cleaning against a wide variety of pharmaceutical process residues in clean-in-place (CIP), clean-out-of-place (COP), and manual applications
- Powerful oxidizing action offering removal of stains with deodorizing action
- Reduces water consumption and disinfection time due to superior rinsing and low foaming characteristics
- Non-tainting and non-staining product
Provides effective cleaning and or disinfection ensuring equipment hygiene and product quality
- Suitable for single stage/ multi-stage cleaning and disinfection
- Reducing cleaning times and labour, ergo increasing production capacity
- Cold disinfectant, eliminating the use of higher temperatures,reducing utility costs and heat stress
- Reduced corrosion potential and thermal stress minimises maintenance requirements
- Lower environmental impact, particularly, with absence of phosphates and nitrates
- Lowers usage rates and effluent discharge volumes
- Suitable for automatic dosing and control by conductivity, ensuring consistent delivery of product and performance
- Safe for use on MS, SS, Copper, Rubber, Fiberglass and other common components
Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapor respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with freshwater and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Should be stored in original containers away from heat, direct sunlight. Store in a cool dry place. Please refer label and SDS for details.