Inhibited Monoethylene Glycol
Inhibited Monoethylene Glycol is used as an industrial coolant, antifreeze heat transfer agent. Monoethylene Glycol, corrosion inhibited for multi-metal cavitation protection designed specially to protect brass, cast iron, copper, solder, steel, aluminum and other metals commonly found in the industrial cooling and heating systems. Its patented, technologically advanced formulation is based upon a concentrated blend of premium long-lasting inhibitors designed to provide protection against temperature extremes, rust, corrosion, scale, and premature water pump failure.
The inhibitor package is designed to protect brass, copper, solder, steel, cast iron, aluminium alloys, and other components such as rubber hoses, gaskets, rubber seals, plastic components, etc.
The effectiveness of Inhibited Monoethylene Glycol in preventing corrosion has been proven in extensive laboratory and in actual service tests. Using the product for heat transfer applications instead of brine solutions or uninhibited ethylene glycol helps in reducing maintenance costs and improves heat transfer efficiency.
Inhibited Monoethylene Glycol is available in preferred colour variants.
Key Features and Benefits
- Negligible loss of metal from corrosion
- Excellent heat transfer-ability and flowrate
- Long and extended life of glycol without fouling
- Avoids leaks in heat exchangers such as PHEs
- Maintains the anti-freezing properties of glycol
- Thermally stable
- Does not form sludge, as in case of other mere pH buffers used in glycol
- Added leak detection dyes
- Non-foaming - reduce nucleate and hot spot boiling
- Longer shelf life dues to added preservatives
- Compatible with hoses and rubber fittings
- Chemical intermediates
- Gas dehydration and treating
- Heat transfer fluids
- Polyester resins
Ethylene Glycol is toxic in nature. Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapour respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Should be stored in original vented containers, away from heat, direct sunlight and combustibles. Store in a cool and dry place. Please refer label and SDS for details.