Chemtex 901 Series (Imidazoline): Effective Corrosion Inhibitor, Emulsifying Agent, Flocculant
Chemtex 901 Imidazoline series are thermally stable, organic, nitrogenous bases that form the basic constituent of corrosion inhibitors for use in oil and gas industries. These properties make Imidazolines one of the key intermediates for a variety of industrial applications. Imidazoline, an effective organic corrosion inhibitor used in acidic and aggressive environment, can form an adsorption film on the surface of metal, slowing down the diffusion of ions and inhibiting the occurrence of metal corrosion.
Imidazoline chemistry is the basis for one of the dominating types of film-forming organic corrosion inhibitors for oil and gas installations globally.
Chemtex 901 Series meet extreme corrosion challenges for low and middle range temperature oil and gas extraction sites, downhole operations. Depending on the conditions, operating limitations and specific applications, Imidazoline can be formulated as oil soluble, oil soluble/water dispersible or water soluble/oil dispersible.
- Oil & Petrochemicals
- Prime ingredient as a corrosion inhibitor with enhanced capacity to withstand water induced breakdown and acid corrosion
- Acid Corrosion Inhibitor
- Acid cleaning and metal pickling applications
- Metal Surface Treatment
- Excellent metal cleaning abilities with in combination with phosphoric acid, kerosene, antiscalant and corrosion inhibitors
- Thickeners & Flocculants
- Precipitate negative charged silicates, nitrates, borates
- Paint & Adhesives
- Improves adhesion and stickiness with water proofing abilities to paint
- Textiles, Paper, Latex, Cement, Polymerization Reactions
- Imidazolines act as emulsion stabilizers, lubricity improvers, and viscosifiers, also make metals resistant to corrosion
- Car Wash Formulation
- Oil/solvent based rinse aid concentrates preparation
- Imidazolines help in formulating Pentachlorophenol which prevents microbial contamination
- Adding softness and resiliency to fabrics, inhibiting static buildup
- Medical & Pharma
- Broad spectrum antimicrobial, anti allergic, anti inflammatory properties
Key Features & Benefits
- Makes an excellent base for corrosion inhibitor formulations
- High active matter content
- Good lubricity improver
- Thermally stable
- Soluble in both non-polar solvents and mineral oils
- Strongly cationic in acidic medium, adsorbing onto metal surfaces
- Hydrophobic; Water repelling agent
- Easy to handle, clear liquid at room temperature
- Excellent sour corrosion inhibition performance for low salinity brines and moderate temperature
- Good wetting agents
- Mild on eyes and skin
Chemtex 901 Series
Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapour respirator, gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Chemtex 901 Series should be stored in original containers in cool dry place, away from heat, direct sunlight and alkalis. Store in cool and dry place. Should not be injected. Shelf life of 36 Months when stored properly. Refer label and SDS for details.