Potassium Polyacrylate particularly reduces the irrigation frequency and compaction tendency, it stop erosion and water runoff and increase the soil aeration and microbial activity. Potassium based cross linking polymer can potentially influence soil permeability, density, structure, texture, evaporation and infiltration rate of water
through the soil. The use of potassium polyacrylate in sandy soil (macro-porous medium) increases the water-holding capacity, and significantly improves the quality of plants.
Potassium Polyacrylate particles may be taken as "mini-water reservoirs" in soil. Water will be used from these reservoirs upon the root demand through osmotic pressure difference.It also acts as a controlled release system by favouring the uptake of some nutrient elements, holding them tightly, and delaying their dissolution. Consequently, the plant can still access some of the fertilizers, resulting in improved growth and performance rates.
Key Features and Benefits
- Increases water holding capacity of the soil, ergo reducing irrigation frequency
- Limits water and nutrient loss through soil leaching
- Reduces evaporation
- Improves the physical properties of soil by enhancing aeration (airflow)
- Enhances plant growth by providing water and nutrients to the root zone of the plants
- Reduces compaction tendency
- Reduces erosion and water runoff
- Enhances plant performance, specially in arid areas
- Helps in the long term protection of environment against drought and groundwater contamination
- Prevents dehydration of the seedlings
- Reduce transplanting shock and thereby reduce mortality rate of plants
- Mixed with cellulose mulch, it helps in stabilizing newly graded soils which are able to maintain a minimum amount of surface water
- Used in large scale farming where it increases soil aeration enhancing germination and development of roots
- When mixed with fertilizers, it can stably provide fertile nutrients to the roots for a longer period
|Solubility||Insoluble in water|
Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, dust respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. Eye irritant. In case of contact, dust off, and obtain medical attention. Product causes slippery surfaces when wet. Should not be injected.
Should be stored in original containers away from heat, direct sunlight. Store in a cool dry place. Keep away from moisture. Kindly refer to label and SDS for details.