Morpholine, an organic compound with both amine and ether groups, obtained by dehydrating diethanolamine with sulphuric acid. Morpholine can be adapted to many different activities for many important applications. Some of its different adaptation can be seen in following applications like it functions as an intermediate in the production of rubber chemicals even as optical brighteners. It acts as an effective corrosion inhibitor in steam boiler systems. Morpholines can utilized as pharma chemicals and antioxidants for lubricating oils. Morpholines can be used as emulsifiers in waxes and polishes processing industries.
Morpholine is a very good pH adjuster which is very effective for nuclear power plants. One more reason for it to be used is because of its rate of vapourization which is quiet similar to water; so what happens is when it is added to water, it disperses accordingly in water in both of its liquid and vapour phases. It can also be used as an ingredient in fungicides and bactericides.
Key Features and Benefits
- Prevents stress cracking corrosion
- Reduces blow down requirement
- Does not add TDS of the water
- Returns to the feed line with the condensate return so raises the feed water pH
- Saves power & downtime
- Compatible with other treatment chemicals
- Versatile applications
|Assay as Morpholine||99.0% min.|
|Solubility||Completely soluble with water|
- Delayed action accelator
- Temperature sensitive polymerization inhibitor
- Gelling agent
- Stabler than chlorine bleaches
- Morpholine derivatives as analgesics and anesthetics
- Choleretics, antispasmodics, analeptics, antimalarials
- Neutralizing Amine
- Wax Emulsifier
- Self polishing waxes and polishes
- Surface tension depressor
- Scrubbing organic sulphur compounds from fuel gas
- Purification procedures
- Bacteriostatic/ bactericidal properties
DG Cargo. Morpholine is hazardous in nature. Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, dust and vapour respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected. Kindly refer SDS for more details.
Morpholine should be stored in original vented containers, away from heat, direct sunlight and combustibles. Store in a cool and dry place. Kindly refer SDS for details.