Anionic polyelectrolytes are widely used as flocculants, rheology control agents, and adhesives, employed especially in oil field operations as viscosity control agents for enhanced oil recovery and to a lesser degree in engineering fluids used for lubrication, for effluent reclaiming, and for opening oil passage channels in oil‐bearing rock.
Paper manufacture, mining, and water treatment processes also benefit from the use of acrylamide‐based polymers to flocculate solids in aqueous dispersions. The anionic polymers may interact with particles in aqueous dispersions in several ways that result in the stability or instability of the dispersions. The particles in solid‐liquid phases can be destabilized through three main mechanisms which promote flocculation and cause destabilization. These mechanisms are polymer bridging, charge neutralization, and polymer adsorption. The particles in solid‐liquid phases can be stabilized by the anionic polymers through both electrostatic and steric repulsive forces.
Anionic polyelectrolytes are lower in viscosity, dissolves faster for use in mining industries, paper industries, municipal sewage plants and water treatment plants. Anionic Polyelectrolyte has got a wide range of applications from water purification, oil recovery, colour removal, paper making, mineral processing, etc. It has anionic emulsions and dry polyacrylamides which can be used wherever liquid/solids separation is needed in industrial effluent treatment applications.
Key Features and Benefits
- Excellent flocculation little dosage in neutral to alkaline pH
- Clear supernatant water
- Ease of handling and storage
- Good cleaning ability
- Clarification and filtration
- Sludge dehydration
- Recovery and clarification of white water, steel and metal
- Treatment of sewage containing blast furnace dust
- Treatment of sewage from metal plating
- Treatment of sewage from acid cleaning of metals
- Treatment of sewage from red oxide manufacture
- Treatment of sewage from wool washing
- Treatment of sewage from dyeing
- Treatment of sewage from mining process
- Treatment of coal washing
- Sedimentation and condensation of magnesium hydroxide
- Clarification of phosphoric acid solution
- Sedimentation of slimes of copper, zinc, sulphides ores
- Filtration of slimes and coal powder
- Enhanced oil recovery
- Condensation, sedimentation of slurry in wet type cement manufacture
Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, dust respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with freshwater and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Should be stored in original containers away from heat, direct sunlight. Store in a cool dry place. Please refer label and SDS for details.