Silver Hydrogen Peroxide based Agriculture Disinfectant
Based on a synergy of Hydrogen Peroxide and Nano Silver particles, stabilized in presence of a catalyst, for use as a multipurpose and highly effective biocide. It is stabilized to prevent quick oxidation and degradation and a very potent disinfectant of soil and water. It is odourless, colourless, non-toxic, eco-friendly, biodegradable product which does not emit any harmful (fume either during applicable or thereafter).
This combination of peroxide with silver provides high efficacy in killing bacteria, fungi, pests, viruses, in all possible application methods. The process of disinfection is controlled by a store and depot action in which the hydrogen peroxide only gets activated on microbial contact and once the pathogen is killed, silver quickly stabilizes the peroxide to prevent further decay of the same. This store and depot action of silver provides a stable and long lasting disinfection.
Functions of Silver in ALSTASAN SILVOX
Silver shows oligo-dynamic effect or toxicity on bacterial cells even in relatively low concentrations. Silver ions denature enzymes of the target cell or organism by binding to reactive groups, resulting in their precipitation and inactivation. Silver inactivates enzymes by reacting with the thiol groups to form silver sulphides.
Hydrogen Peroxide is not stable which means that it decomposes to oxygen and water. To solve this problem silver is added to hydrogen peroxide as stabilizer. This stabilizer prevents the slow decomposition of the hydrogen peroxide. The Ag2+ ions keep O2- ions.
The silver performs as an activator. The singularity of this silver activator is that it only activates the peroxide when it is exposed to biofoulants. In contact with microbes the silver loses its stabilizing function and activates to release nascent oxygen to oxidize the exposed microbes. When all bacteria have been oxidized by the generated active oxygen compounds, the silver acts as stabilizer for the remaining and non-reacted oxygen.
Key Features and Benefits
- Saves time, energy and manpower and improves crop economics
- Media fumigation can be done even only four hours before plantation
- Stable over a wide pH and temperature range
- Does not release toxic fumes and harmful gases
- Does not require water rinsing after disinfection
- Soil does not need to be covered with plastic unlike formalin method
- Safe and nontoxic to humans
- Non Carcinogenic, Non Mutagenic
- Minimizes the use of harmful fungicides, pesticides, and bactericides
- Can be used for regular treatment by drip, foliar sprays, and drenching methods
- Soil/ Growing Media
- Destroys all fungi, bacteria, viruses and pest populations in soil or media
- Kills even eggs and larval stage of insects-pests
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable, breaking down to water and oxygen
- Improves soil/ media porosity & life
- Adds more oxygen
- Improves water uptake capacity and capillary action
- Does not leave behind toxic residues
- Prevents and treats nematode infestations
- Increases plant establishment and reduces initial plant mortality
- Hastens seed germination and enhance crop growth by boosting fresh root formation
- Works as a crop activator which enables it to fight against diseases
- Denaturation of DNA helps against resistance development
- Increases both production and marketable yield
- Silver has an anti-senescence property which prevents ageing of fruits and vegetables
- Helps in Ethylene inhibition
- Does not produce any phyto-toxic effect
- Does not cause spotting on flowers and affect taste of fruits and vegetables
- Improves lustre of the produce along with extension of shelf-life
|Solubility||Completely soluble with water|
- Open Field Cultivation
- Protective cultivation
- Animal husbandry
- Coco Peat/ Soil less Media
|Composition||40% formaldehyde solution||Hydrogen peroxide with silver nanoparticles|
|Attributes||Bactericide, fungicide, virucide||Bactericide, fungicide, virucide,
|Inactive on||Amoebae, protozoa, biofilms||None|
|Toxicity||800 – 1700mg/kg body weight
WHO Class II (Moderately hazardous)
|5000mg/kg body weight
WHO Class III (Slightly hazardous)
|Flushing with water||Yes.
Around 100L/ sq.m for draining traces
|Minimal to none|
|Time between fumigation and plantation||3 weeks minimum with plastic cover||4 – 6 hours|
DG Cargo. Oxidizing Product. Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapour respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. Splashes on skin may cause temporary whitening of skin and itching for some time. Wash off with cold water and apply moisturizer thereafter. While opening the jar/ container, the mouth of the jar should be away from the face. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected. Keep away from children.
Oxidizing product and should be stored in original vented containers, away from heat, direct sunlight and combustibles. Store in a cool and dry place. If membrane of the vented cap is choked or product is kept in excess of temperatures, it may cause bulging of the containers, in such event loosen the lid with precaution and leave the container idle for sometime till the built up gas is released. Please refer label and SDS for details.