Neutralizing amines are a common steam line treatment that can be fed in a water treatment solution along with other treatment chemicals or it can be fed direct to the steam header. When feeding the amine to the feed water system, it should be fed downstream of the deaerating equipment. The neutralizing amine is volatilized and carried out with the steam in the condensate to react with carbon dioxide.
Key Features and Benefits
• Condensate line treatment
• Prevent of carbon dioxide corrosion
• Prevents formation of carbonic acid in boiler steam system
• Does not add to TDS of boiler water
• Completely volatile
• Prevents stress cracking corrosion
• Reduces blow down requirement
• Does not add TDS
• Returns to the feed line with the condensate return so raises the feed water pH
• Saves power
• Compatible with other treatment chemicals
Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapour respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Neutralizing Amine should be stored in original vented containers, away from heat, direct sunlight and combustibles. Store in a cool and dry place. Please refer label and SDS for details.