Water Soluble Polymer-PolyDADMAC
PolyDADMAC (Polydiallyldimethylammonium chloride) based cationic polymer has several industrial usages, such as textile, printing, paper making, mining, ink and sugar industries. It worked as a coagulant for water treatment to improve the clarity of water and a flocculant for inorganic as well as organic particles such as algae, viruses and bacteria to proceed waste water treatment. It is also used as a BOD or COD reducer and as a color removal for high-color waste water from dyestuff industry.
PolyDADMAC's Mechanism and Applications
This chemical is scientifically formulated for use in wastewater treatment and sludge de-watering applications. As it is a primary organic coagulant, neutralizes negatively charged “colloidal materials”, hence reducing sludge volume. It can be used as a replacement to inorganic coagulants. It also helps reduce the required doses of basic reagents used in the coagulation process including sodium hydroxide, lime, etc. It is also effective in precipitating anionic surfactants through electrostatic attraction (negative atom attracted towards positive atoms and vice versa) that minimizes the production of sludge and improves the subsequent sludge de-watering stages. The overall process results in improved effluent output. It is highly effective when used for the secondary decantation of biological sludge coming from aerobic and anaerobic digesters. It enhances rapid sludge settling and is sympathetic to the existing biological flora. It is effective across a wide range of pH without modification.
Key Features and Benefits
- High performance cationic coagulant polymer based on PolyDADMAC developed for wastewater treatment and sludge dewatering applications
- Reduces required doses of basic reagents used in coagulation process
- Effective in precipitating anionic surfactants
- Minimizes sludge
- Improves sludge dewatering stages and results in improved effluent output
- Highly effective when used for the secondary decantation of biological sludge coming from aerobic and anaerobic digesters
- Enhances rapid sludge settling
- Sympathetic to the existing biological flora
- Effective across a wide range of pH