Peracetic Acid Sanitizer
Peracetic acid based disinfectant is a peroxide-based molecule used extensively as an antimicrobial agent in many commercial applications. It is routinely used as a sterilant during the cleaning of endoscopes and other medical devices, as a disinfectant in food processing, as a bleaching agent, and in the synthesis of other chemicals.
Peracetic acid proclaims to be a sanitizer, disinfectant as well as microbial agent, mainly used in the food industry. These formulations oxidize the outer membrane of microorganisms, acting as a bio-stat. It helps in medical supplies disinfection, prevention of biofilm buildup in the pulp industries, purification of water and its disinfection.
Peracetic Acid is licensed under FSSAI (Category 99 - Substances added to food)
Incorporated with no rinse, non-foaming formula with its ability to sanitize even at lower temperatures makes it efficaciously suited for use in CIP systems for food processing equipment. Previously Acetic acid was applied for bacteria and fungi removal from fruits and vegetables and also was used for the disinfection of recycled rinsing water for foodstuffs. Nowadays Peracetic acid is applied for the disinfection of medical supplies and to prevent bio film formation in pulp industries. It can be applied during water purification as a disinfectant and for pluming disinfection.
NDRI, Karnal has certified Alstasan Activ for use as cold sterilant for killing pathogens related to dairy industry.
Key Features and Benefits
- Effective and quick disinfection in lower temperatures
- Single product for multiple application
- Non-foaming, Biodegradable
- Non-tainting and non-staining product
- Powerful oxidizing and Instant action
- Environmentally responsible - does not contain heavy metals
- Industrial sanitizer in Dairies, Wineries, Breweries, Beverage plants, Meat and Poultry processing, Egg processing, etc
- RO Membrane Cleaner
- Packaging plants, food processing, packing equipment surfaces, cleaning in place (CIP) equipment, hard non porous surfaces such as food preparation surfaces, tanks, vats, ﬁllers, evaporators, pasteurizers, and aseptic equipments