Scale inhibition is the process of preventing the formation of scale from blocking or hindering fluid flow through pipelines, valves, and pumps used in oil production and processing. Scale inhibitors (SIs) are a class of specialty chemicals that are used to slow or prevent scaling in water systems.
Key Features and Benefits
- Reduce downtime for mechanical, acid, and/or chemical clean-out;
- Increase lifetime of well and well equipment by minimizing deposits that can cause excessive wear;
- Maintain flow capacity of various flow lines associated with surface equipment
- Effective in both fresh and brine water
- Offers excellent protection in sweet and sour systems
- Readily partitions into the water phase
- Effectively treats high water-to-oil ratio wells
Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapour respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Should be stored in original vented containers, away from heat, direct sunlight and combustibles. Store in cool, dry well ventilated area in tightly closed, plainly labeled containers. Keep away from incompatible materials. Kindly refer label and SDS for details.