RCC Corrosion Inhibitor
RCC Corrosion Inhibitor is a formulation of corrosion inhibitor for concrete and mortar. Applied on steel bars as a protective coating, the mechanism for corrosion prevention is that it helps form a passive membrane on the surface of reinforcing steel.
Chemical causes for corrosion in concrete through the accumulation of gases and/ or chloride ions in the concrete mix. Electrochemical formation chemistry with tiny corrosion cells due to anodic and cathodic regions. Physical causes through significant heating and cooling, and road vibrations. Environmental causes include acid rain, and water accumulation, and use of de-icing fluids.
Corrosion Inhibitor is recommended for use where marine sand or subsoil waters containing high soluble salts are present in concrete. Also for long life of reinforcing steel bars in concrete, the protective film on the surface of the reinforcing steel prevents rusting and consequently impairs concrete durability.
Key Features and Benefits
- Integral Corrosion Inhibitor, effective for preventing rust
- Longer operational life
- Creates adherent thin protective film on metal surfaces, blocking contact of de-passivating anions like chlorides and sulphates
- Maintains an alkaline atmosphere, retarding carbon dioxide corrosion
- Does not affect the work ability, strength and quality of the cement
- Increases natural resistance of the metal
- No flammable solvents, hence no fire hazards
- Odorless and Non-toxic formulation
- Reinforced, pre-cast, pre-stressed, post-tensioned, ironite hardened structures
- Steel reinforced concrete bridges, highways, streets prone to corrosive environments (carbonation, deicing salts, atmospheric attacks)
- Reinforced marine and coastal concrete structures
- Concrete piers, piles, pillars, pipes, and utility poles
- Commercial and civil engineered structures
- Flooring hardened with ironite chips
Proper human safety products such as splash goggles, lab coat, vapour respirator, NIOSH approved gloves and boots should be worn while handling and applying chemicals. Splashes on the skin should be washed off with water immediately. In case of splashing into the eyes, flush them with fresh water and obtain medical attention. Should not be injected.
Should be stored in original containers away from heat, direct sunlight. Store in a cool dry place. Please refer label and SDS for details.