Chemtex Diesel Exhaust Fluid
Diesel exhaust fluid from Chemtex with the trade name of CX DEF is a non-toxic solution of urea in water. It plays an essential role in combating pollution from automotive effluents. CX DEF converts harmful oxides of Nitrogen (NOx) to harmless Nitrogen gas (N2) meeting 2010 emission regulations.
CX DEF forms an important component of the Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology and is stable under normal physical conditions. Consumption rates of CX DEF vary but are usually around 2 – 4% of diesel fuel consumed. Off road equipment consumption rates are 5 – 10%
To meet new emission norms, vehicle manufacturers have largely turned to a process known as Selective Catalytic Reduction involving the injection of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) into existing gas circulatory systems which assists in the breakdown of harmful NOx.
The use of CX DEF is simple. Just pour directly into the tank (usually next to the fuel filler, in the boot, or under the bonnet) with a funnel. Follow any instructions given in your OEM handbook or on the pack to know your tank size. 5 litres should be enough to make sure your car will restart if you’ve run out completely.
Note: DEF is not injected into the engine as a fuel additive. It is added to the catalyst system in the car’s exhaust system.
Key Features and Benefits
- Breaks down into harmless mixture of Nitrogen (N2) and water (H2O)
- Reduce pollutants in efﬂuent gas streams
- 20% gain in fuel efﬁciency while reducing harmful NOx emissions
- Prevents gummy deposits in tail pipe
- With a freezing point of -11°C, it acts as an antifreeze under extreme climatic conditions
- Non-toxic and biodegradable
- Stable under normal temperature and pressure